Friday, June 29, 2007

Trying out WordPress

When I initially started my blog on Blogger, I was not aware of other options for blog posting and I likely didn't really care either.  At the time, I was very excited about all things Google, and since Blogger was owned by Google, I probably viewed it as "one of Google's cool products".

So, as I am blogging again with a bit more knowledge of the web and a more even view of web companies, I thought it would be a good idea to test WordPress against Blogger to see which I like better.  My initial impressions of WordPress are good.  I like the layout and themes a bit better than Blogger and I appreciate the lack of a big bar at the top of the screen.  I will do more fiddling with both before I make a final judgement on the issue.

Until then, I will be posting to both blogs with pretty much the same posts.  This shouldn't be too difficult, since I am using Windows Live Writer (Beta) to write my posts (a pretty good experience as far as I am concerned).

Click here to see this blog in WordPress.

No comments: