Saturday, March 19, 2005

The first day of Spring Break

Today was the first day of Spring Break, but it wasn't very exciting. I attended a "Sportsman's Breakfast" even for my Venturing Crew at a local conservative church. Somehow thinking it to be some sort of charity event last night, I decided to come. I found it to be incredibly boring. We set up a table with climbing gear and a kayak to the side, with a labtop playing a slide show on the table to the left of the climbing gear. There were also other stands from various venders: a scuba diving organization, a paintball group, a boating group, a bike shop, an outdoor's shop, and an archery group among others. The breakfast was attended mainly by men and their sons. Besides the two girls at our stand, I saw one other female in the room (which was a gymnasium) out of about a hundred or more.

I arrived around 6:50 and we set up around 7:15. People started filtering in at 7:50. Breakfast was at 9:00 and an evangelistic speaker who preached that Jesus was a "man's man" spoke at 10:15. The whole thing was rather boring and ridiculous and I was glad to leave. When I got home, I worked on a tower for the Science Olympiad competition at UW-Stout on April 2. I completed my first one last night, but I am trying a different design and comparing the two.

Tonight, my family and I watched The Incredibles, which I thought was a pretty good movie.

No comments: