Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A trip to Sheboygan and Milwaukee

Yesterday night, my family and I left for Sheboygan, where my maternal grandfather lives. We stayed the night at his house and talked to him and ate with him. We left this morning and headed south to Milwaukee.

In Milwaukee, we toured the Milwaukee Public Museum, looking over many of the exhibits that we had seen in times before: the geology exhibits, the rainforest exhibit, the butterfly exhibit, the insect exhibit, and the botany exhibit. Afterward we quickly toured the gift shop, not buying anything, and then headed to the IMAX theater, where we had bought tickets for the show about lions of the Kalahari, which I enjoyed. We then headed back home.

Upon arriving, I recieved my first letter of rejection from a college: Carleton. This had been my first choice of college up until now, but as I have not been accepted, I guess I will set my plans elsewhere. It is not a total loss: I have already been accepted at Lawrence University in Appleton, which is a fine college with a conservatory of music where I could continue playing my horn for concerts. As well, there are still three other colleges from which I have yet to recieve letters. Perhaps the responses I recieve will be better from these colleges.

No comments: