Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The middle school band tour

Today I had two band concerts, one at Horace Mann Middle School at 8:00 and one at Shattuck Middle School at 1:10. I started out by going to Horace Mann at about 7:45. I had my brothers carry my two instruments, a horn and a mellophone, because they attend Horace Mann. The concert lasted about an hour and I was on pick-up crew, so I helped put away the music stands and help load the percussion instruments. At the end of this, I found out that I had misunderstood a direction to get on the bus, because I thought that there was another means of transportation for the pick-up crew. I was half right. I had to load my mellophone, horn, garment bag, and jacket into the moving truck (which housed the percussion materials) and I got to sit on the floor of the moving truck between the driver and passenger's seats.

I got back to school at about 9:50 and got back to class at about 10:00. The second concert was nearly identical to the first, except that it was at Shattuck Middle School, which is a bit larger. For this one, I didn't have any problems with transportation, as I was not on loading crew. However, lugging a mellophone and a horn onto a bus is quite the chore. I got back in time to catch the tail end of Keyboarding class, so I didn't have to make up any assignments.

No comments: