Friday, February 11, 2005

Pep Band Tonight

Tonight there is a pep band performance for a boy's basketball game. Though it is my seventh, which is two beyond the required amount of five for symphony students, I think it is a good idea to go. First off, I don't have much to do today, so it will provide me with something to do. The second and more important reason is that the Symphonic Band has a set of two performances, one at each middle school on Tuesday.

Since we have Monday off of school, as Valentine's day was chosen as the snow day insurance day, we need to bring home our uniforms and our insturments, as we will report directly to Horace Mann Middle School in the morning instead of the high school, so our equiptment won't be available. This means that I will have to bring home two instruments: the melophone and the horn, neither of which are light or compact. So, I decided that it would be a better idea to take them home in my families van rather than try to fit onto the bus with a horn, a melophone, my music folders and a garment bag containing my band uniform.

No comments: