Friday, May 06, 2005

AP European History and the Diversity Fair

Today, there were two major events at Neenah High School. It was the day of the Fourth Annual Diversity Fair and the day that the European History AP test was held. The Diversity Fair is an event that started my freshman year and originated from a school organization known as STAND (Students and Teachers Advocating Neenah's Diversity). I was technically a member, but I don't think that I did much. All I remember was that the diversity fair seemed like a good idea to me at the time. Now I just see it as almost a complete waste of time. Very little focus is put on Neenah's miniscule amount of diversity. Now, the Diversity Fair serves as a fundraising opportunity for other school clubs with very few diveristy oriented stands. There was also an assembly fourth hour, but I didn't go because of the European History AP test.

The test was fairly easy, and I think I did well enough to get a score of 5. It ran from about 1 pm to 4:30. At about 4:20, a tornado warning was announced, but that didn't impact me because I was already done with my exam and the room we were in was considered a "safe room" for tornadoes. The warning was over at about 4:45, but many of the students left anyway. I had to stay because I didn't have a ride and the sophomores were split into a second room and they took longer to go through procedure, meaning that they ended up finishing at about 4:00. I caught a ride with a neighbor.

No comments: