Thursday, May 05, 2005

The First Eye of the AP Storm

Today was a break from AP tests. However, tomorrow, I have my second AP test, European History. I feel much better about this exam than I did about the Spanish Language exam for two reasons. First, I am better and understanding history than I am at learning Spanish. Second, I know what's coming on the test. I took the US History Exam last year and got a 4. The European History Exam has a much similar set up: multiple choice, two free response essays, and a document based question. I feel confident that I can earn a 5 on this exam because the material is much fresher in my head than the material for the US History exam.

The "second eye of the storm" will be this weekend, because I will have the Chemistry exam on Monday and the Biology exam on Tuesday. After that, I will be done.

In other news, I will be heading to Chicago with a group of Ms. Pacolt's Human Biology students on Saturday to go the the Shedd Aquarium, which I have already visited in the past, but it is still fun to come back. In the afternoon, we will be seeing the Body Worlds exhibit at the Museum of Science and industry, which is the actual reason for travelling to Chicago. The exhibit consists of many human bodies partially dissected in various poses to show the various systems of the body. The exhibit was set up by Dr. Gunther von Hagens. The bodies are treated so that they don't smell or rot, and I anticipate it being a fun experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben. I read old comments and saw that you thought someone was me because you did not know who they were. Well, this is my first time leaving a comment, and I would just like to say good luck on your AP exams.

Ben Main said...

Thanks Joe. Nice to hear from you.